So you’re thinking about selling – which means it’s time to interview some Realtors. Now this task doesn’t need to be painful… There are some key things you should do in order to find the best agent for you and your family.
1. Who to call? Before you can interview anyone you first need to know who to even call. Here are some tips:
- Ask friends and family you trust who they’ve used
- Look around your area – whose signs do you see more of and better yet whose signs do you see that say “sold” more often
- “Google” terms like “your city/state homes for sale” or “homes for sale in your neighborhood” or “realtor in your city” etc. and see who if anyone comes up consistently on the first page or two – chances are they work your specific area hard
2. What questions to ask? So now you’ve called an agent or two to interview, here are a few key things you may want to ask…
- What type of advertising do you do?
- On average how much of the list price do your personal listings get? In other words if your listing is listed at $199,900 what average do your sellers get, is it $190,000, $195,00o or? This will show that the agent properly prices his or her homes but also how well they market and negotiate for you. You might get one agent who comes in and says “sure I’ll list it at 5% commissions” but that agent averages 89% of asking prices for his or her sellers and then agent number two says “Ill list it at 6.5%” but agent number two averages 98% of asking price for his or her clients – who nets you more money? Agent number two will.
- What is your method of communication? Many agents do what I refer to as “list-em and leave-em” where they talk a great game up front but then after the sign goes in trying to find them is like trying to find Waldo in those comic strips, impossible. Know the method of communication BEFORE you list, communication with feedback and market update is important.
3. Internet & creative marketing?
- Yes, price has been and will always be king but marketing is important and “creative” marketing is key. Ask how they will market on the web. Personal web pages, blogs, video tours and quality pictures is a must these days, if they say “the MLS” only that’s not good enough, anyone can do that – make sure your home stands out and has many lines in the internet pond not just the MLS.
4. WHATS IMPORTANT TO YOU!?
- This ones in caps because its very important – not all sellers are looking for the same things. Maybe its important to you to have communication via phone rather than e-mail once per week, maybe you have pets that are in the house and showings need to be set a certain way. Perhaps you need to sell in the next 30 days and you need a clear plan on how that will happen. The point is, make sure the agent listens to you, your needs and sets a plan that accommodates them.
Finding the best Realtor to sell your home should be a smooth process. Like any business, agents are not created equal and the company name only carries so much weight. At the end of the day, its not the “company” selling the property it’s the agent you select.
The market is up, find the best Realtor to sell your home and enjoy the equity reward at the end. Our team works full time in the Minneapolis and suburb area, we offer 100% free, no obligation home market evaluations and would be happy to visit wit you anytime. To contact our team call 612-282-7653 or use the form below.
Contact Us for your Real Estate Needs
585 total views, 1 views today