Derrick Monroe, President of The Derrick Monroe Group, is one of the leading real estate agents in the Minneapolis area and has been recognized by Mpls. St. Paul Magazine as Super Real Estate Agent for the past eleven years. With sales exceeding over $170 million, Monroe has quickly risen as a leader in the Minneapolis west suburban real estate market.
Time, relationships, and experience have allowed Derrick to compile an extensive network and real estate database. Derrick is able to draw upon these resources for his buyers and sellers to secure the best deals under any market condition. With attention to detail and a unique marketing approach, Derrick remains a prominent figure in his real estate market area. He has even been tapped as a Real Estate Market Expert for repeat on-air interviews with Minneapolis 5 Eyewitness News.
Derrick’s entrepreneurial spirit began when he opened and operated his successful auto repair shop at the age of eighteen. After selling his shop, Monroe went on to work in home construction. Monroe has helped to see the construction of multiple properties from start to finish. This experience allows Derrick to provide unique insights to his clients for both new builds and existing homes.
On a more personal note, when Derrick is not helping buyers and sellers with their real estate needs, he enjoys restoring classic cars, riding his Harley, and spending time with his four dogs and family.
Awards, Professional Affiliations & Education:
- Rookie of the year for Coldwell Banker Burnet Realty – 2001
- 2007 – 2019 Super Real Estate Agent Mpls. St. Paul Magazine Multiple Times
- Nominated for “30 under 30” in Realtor Magazine
- Top % in sales of all real estate agents
- Minneapolis Board of REALTORS – Member
- National Association of REALTORS® – Member
- Rockford / Greenfield Chamber of Commerce – Member
- The Lions Club (Rockford Chapter) – Member
- Minneapolis & St. Cloud MLS
- New construction specialist based on previous building experience
- Graduate from Orono High School
- Graduate from West Hennepin Vocational School
- ASE Master Auto Technician
- Graduate from Pro Source Real Estate School in St. Paul
- Licensed with Lakes Area Realty