It can be staggering…you Google “sell a home” or “home selling process” and the first four pages are Realtor after Realtor making statements claiming they are the best and they will get you more money than anyone else in the area. The internet is a great tool but sometimes can be very overwhelming. If you simply want to sell a home while having your specific needs met without having an obnoxiously pushy Realtor insisting you “just sign here”, then Google no more. I have laid out this sell a home page in categories so you can easily skip to what’s important to you and go from there. I will do my best to address the common home selling questions we hear and if at any time you would like to speak with one of our “non-pushy” Realtors, please use the contact from below or call 612-282-SOLD (7653)
Selling? Ask Yourself These Questions
We here at The Derrick Monroe Group take our business seriously and we offer a free home appraisal to establish your house value. For many of us, our home is our biggest investment and should not be taken lightly when selling. After all, the equity you have is important and as your representative, we understand the significance. When selling, ask yourself some important questions;
- What is the reason to move?
- What are my expectations?
- What is my timeline?
- If I could picture the best start to finish (list to sold) what would it look like?
- What would I like to see from a Real Estate Agent?
- What’s my house value?
Ask yourself these questions and write down the answers. Make sure you have your needs in mind when you call a real estate agent. If the agent you call does not ask you similar questions to make sure they are looking at “YOUR” needs and not just theirs, call another agent! A good agent understands it’s not about placing signs all over town; it’s about the needs of you and your equity. After all, the agent has made no sacrifice and has no connection to the home. You however have so find someone who understands this and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done to your satisfaction.
Questions To Ask Every Agent You Interview
- How long have you been in the business? (look for experience)
- How many homes have you sold in my area? (look for area knowledge)
- What is your average sales price vs. listing price on your listings? (you want their average home to sell for close to asking price, this will give you a clear picture of their sales ability)
- Do you have a full time assistant? (look for someone with staff otherwise you may be getting someone to busy and may get overwhelmed easily)
- Do you work from an office open during normal business hours? (you want a full service office)
- Do you offer clients in house mortgage & title services? (It’s always better to deal with a full service company)
- How long are your listings normally on the market before they sell? (Compare this to other area homes)
- What will you do to sell my home? (i.e. marketing plan, internet, networking etc)
- Why should I hire you? (This is crucial!)
- What’s my house worth? And ask to see how they came to that price.
- What is your marketing plan to sell my property?
Ask these questions of the real estate agent’s you interview for your home sale. All Realtors are not created equal and some are great at “sales pitches” but do not back it up with good follow through. These questions will flush out the part timers from the experienced full time real estate agents who take your sale serious. We offer a free home evaluation in all suburbs and surrounding communities of the Twin Cities. To see your house value, contact us today for a free home evaluation.
Walk Like A Duck — Quack Like A Duck — It’s a Realtor…wait?
Wait a minute…that’s not the saying but the point is all agents are not the same. The Board Of Realtors have stated that 90% of the real estate sold is sold by 10% of the agents, some would argue that number is more like 95% is sold by 5% of the agents. That number alone shows something is different, but what? Most agents licensed in Minnesota are part time; do you want a part time agent selling your home? Some agents simply rely on a “for sale” sign and the MLS to do their job. In today’s market, that is not enough. Did you know that many agents in Minnesota are not even Realtors? You see the term REALTOR® is a copyright that is only assigned to agents who belong to the board and take a oath in committing to rules and regulations that are used as a guideline to honesty, awareness of laws, loyalty & commitment to clients and agree to use the MLS as a tool to market to the public and other Minnesota real estate agent’s.
What I Can Offer You Is Honesty & Hard Work
- I cannot promise you your home will sell for what you need — nobody can — BUT, I can promise you that your home will sell for the most money this market will bare based on comparable properties sold.
- I cannot promise you your home will sell in a week — BUT, I can promise you our average days on market have been much faster than most other agents year after year.
- I cannot promise you buyers won’t try and low-ball you with ridiculous offers — BUT, I can promise you that our years of experience selling hundreds of properties has highly honed our negotiating skills and we will fight hard and smart to get those buyers to realize the value and adjust their offers accordingly.
- I cannot promise you we will have 10 showings a day and a line at the door for an open house — BUT, I can promise you your home will get the best exposure it can on the web with our multiple web sites, videos, social networking and massive exposure we have on-line for your area.
Our agents are full time and dedicated. The unique feature with The Derrick Monroe Group is we are not nor would we want to be the “typical salesman”, we are real people who love what we do and it shows — see what some of our past clients have to say about us. We will not give you false information simply to get another yard sign in the ground. We would rather part friends up front than feed you a line of how the sky will open up and pour both money and buyers over your property as soon as it’s listed. That would be great- but it’s not always reality. Don’t let gimmicky salespeople push you into that mind-set. The reality is we have been in the top 1% of all agents for the last decade and the number one sales team in our area due to hard work, studying the housing market, advertising outside of the box, massive exposure on the web and great communication with our clients — it’s a team effort. Through our years of working in the business, we have acquired a parade of past and repeat customers that recommend us to friends and family. Become one of those happy customers by contacting the Derrick Monroe Group today. When you’re selling a home you need a good Realtor. I would be more than happy to meet with you and share our process, address any questions you may have and see if we are a fit. If you’ve already had a Realtor over it never hurts to get a second opinion. Feel free to call us at 612-282-SOLD (7653)
In today’s market many home-owners are deciding to keep their home and simply rent it out. If you have a home to rent and would like to have a professional property management company help you then look no further! DMG Property Management is your one stop shop. For more information on our property management and property rental services contact DMG at 612-282-7653.