The tax credit is ending this week, the market and certainly changed and the bubble did indeed burst but that does not mean homes are not or will not sell. In fact, 35,600 homes sold in January, 39,200 in February and 41,700 in March for the Minneapolis area. Guess you cant always believe the gossip that nothing is selling.
Now, that being said sale prices are not as strong as they may have been several years ago but we can not change that, markets go up and they go down but keep in mind if you’re buying the other home is down as well.
Back to topic – selling in the next 90 days and tips to get it done:
- Stage your home – you really need to make it show in the best light possible
- Make sure pictures on line are current to the season
- Get your home on line with a video tour
- Make sure you have multiple pictures on-line
- Make sure your agent blogs your property information – people search by “keywords”
- Fix the “honey do list” items so the buyer is not taking notes on what they need to do
- Walk through your home from a buyers eye – if you were looking what would you point out both as positive and negative? Fix the negative and enhance the positive.
- Price it right! Look hard at the comps, if you’ve been on the market already look at the feedback – homes are like any other item for sale, the public will ultimately tell you the value and being they are the ones with the money we need to listen
Never ever let any agent convince you to give your home away or leave your equity on the table but you wont need to if you look at the comps and listen to the buyers because its there where you will find the correct price.
Best of luck and if we can be of any service please let us know or call 612-282-7653. There is a market out there and a buyer for your home so don’t get too discouraged.
548 total views, 2 views today